Refugee Health eLearning series
Welcome the ‘Refugee Health eLearning Series’, created in partnership between Newtown Union Health Service and CPD@Whitireia. This series of modules is designed for those working in all aspects of primary care, those interested in working with refugees and for those currently working with refugees who would like a refresher!
- the challenges faced by refugees on their journey to resettlement in New Zealand.
- how to work effectively with refugees and their families
- what you can do to enhance the health of refugees and their families
The course includes the following
- Becoming a refugee
- New Zealand Policy and Processes
- Resettlement experiences of refugee families
- Needs and challenges of refugees
- Working in a culturally safe way with refugees and their families
- Communication strategies
- Building health literacy
- Physical, mental, social and spiritual health needs and challenges of refugee families
- Model for enhancing refugee health
- Interactive learning using animation and video
- Formative learning
4-5 hours depending on previous experience over a 6 month duration.
This online interactive course is specifically designed for all of those working with refugees in New Zealand.