Understanding Mood Disorders
This online interactive course aims to provide health professionals working in primary care settings with an increased understanding of common mood disorders; depression and suicide risk, and bipolar affective disorder, and primary interventions for mood disorders. This course was developed by the School of Health, Whitireia New Zealand.
After completing the course, learners will have an increased understanding of:
- Common mood disorders
- Depression and suicide risk
- Bipolar affective disorders
- The primary interventions for mood disorders
The course has 3 parts:
- Depression – signs and symptoms, types of depression, assessment and management
- Suicide – warning signs, risk factors, support and treatment
- Bipolar Disorder – signs and symptoms, assessment and management
- Interactive learning using animation and quizzes
- Formative learning
- A certificate of completion.
3-4 hours depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 4 CPD hours (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This online interactive course is specifically designed for health professionals working in primary care settings that are considering further study.