Preventing and Managing Occupational Violence and Aggression in Health Care Settings
This course has been designed to improve your ability to recognise and understand the causes of client related occupational violence in health care settings and some common strategies to prevent it and manage the risk it poses.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- common forms of occupational violence and aggression
- the causes of aggressive and violent behaviours
- how to recognise the signs that an individual may be becoming predisposed to aggression and or violence
- how to respond to individuals who use aggression or violence, and
- how to plan preventative measures and manage the risk posed by occupational violence and aggression.
The course features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
1 hour depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 1 CPD hours (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This course is suitable for professionals who work in health care (please note there is some Australian content).