This course has been developed by Hand Hygiene Australia as part of the National Hand Hygiene Initiative and is a modified Hand Hygiene online learning package. It has been created as a simple tool to strengthen and test your knowledge of hand hygiene in healthcare.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- what hand hygiene is, why it's important and who should practice it
- when to perform hand hygiene and what to use
- how to perform hand hygiene in both hospital and non-hospital settings
- how to protect your hands and skin, and
- other precautions and safety information
The course features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
1 hour depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 1 CPD hours (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
The course is appropriate for all staff working in health care settings.