Identifying, Reporting and Responding to the Abuse of Older People in Care
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of how to identify, report and respond to the abuse of older people who are in a care relationship.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- background to and the definitions and prevalence of the abuse of older people in Australia
- types of abuse most commonly experienced by older people
- requirements for the reporting of abuse of an older person in your care
- roles and responsibilities of staff around the abuse of a person in their care
- barriers to staff reporting suspected and actual abuse, and
- actions to take if there is imminent threat to an older person.
The course features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
1 - 2 hours depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 2 CPD hours (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This course is suitable for professionals who provide care to older people. Please note some content is Australia specific.