Understanding Dementia 2 - Person Centred Care
This course has been developed to help the learner provide person centred care that is tailored to the individual needs of people suffering from dementia.Learning Outcomes
Working with people who have dementia is not easy. It can be upsetting, trying and challenging, but it can also be very rewarding and satisfying.
This series is made of up five courses, each providing training in different aspects of dementia care. The aim of this is to provide an understanding of dementia, with the goal of:
- giving you a better understanding of what living with dementia is like, and
- making working with people affected by dementia more rewarding for them and you.
This course, Person Centred Care (PCC), will cover:
- the work of Professor Tom Kitwood and the origins of PCC
- the problems with traditional ways of providing dementia care
- the four key elements of PCC, and
- positive steps towards implementing PCC.
The courses features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
1 hour depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 1 CPD hour (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This series is aimed at anyone who knows or is responsible for caring for someone with dementia.Accreditation
The Understanding Dementia series has been developed against the national competency 'CHCAGE005: Provide support to people living with dementia'.