Understanding Dementia 1 - Introduction to Dementia
This course has been designed to provide you with an introduction to what dementia is, the causes and effects of dementia, and how it can affect people.
Working with people who have dementia is not easy. It can be upsetting, trying and challenging, but it can also be very rewarding and satisfying.
This series is made of up five courses, each providing training in different aspects of dementia care. The aim of this is to provide an understanding of dementia, with the goal of:
- giving you a better understanding of what living with dementia is like, and
- making working with people affected by dementia more rewarding for them and you.
This course, Introduction to Dementia, will provide an understanding of:
- what dementia is
- the types and causes of dementia
- the difference between confusion and dementia
- conditions people with dementia may develop, and
- the different stages of dementia. This course is made of up five modules, each providing training in different aspects of dementia care.
The courses features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
1 hour depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 2 CPD hours (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This series is aimed at anyone who knows or is responsible for caring for someone with dementia.
The Understanding Dementia series has been developed against the national competency 'CHCAGE005: Provide support to people living with dementia'.