Understanding Dementia 3 - Communication Skills
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of how to improve communication skills so they can develop a better understanding of what a person with dementia needs.
Working with people who have dementia is not easy. It can be upsetting, trying and challenging, but it can also be very rewarding and satisfying.
This series is made of up five courses, each providing training in different aspects of dementia care. The aim of this is to provide an understanding of dementia, with the goal of:
- giving you a better understanding of what living with dementia is like, and
- making working with people affected by dementia more rewarding for them and you.
This course, 'Communication Skills', will cover:
- verbal and non-verbal communication
- active listening
- appropriate touching
- using symbolic language
- how communication can be affected by cultural differences, and
- links between communication and wellbeing.
The courses features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
30 minutes - 1 hour depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 1 CPD hour (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This series is aimed at anyone who knows or is responsible for caring for someone with dementia.
The Understanding Dementia series has been developed against the national competency 'CHCAGE005: Provide support to people living with dementia'.