Dementia and Incontinence
This course, reviewed by TENA has been developed to provide an understanding of good practice continence care for those with dementia.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- The different diseases that can cause dementia
- The impact dementia can have on a person's behaviour and how this has consequences for their everyday continence care
- How to make it easier for dementia sufferers to toilet themselves
- How to choose appropriate products to facilitate self-changing and toileting, and
- How to appropriately approach individuals with dementia
The course features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- Professional audio
- Animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- Multi-device compatible
- Assessments, and
- A certificate of completion
30 minutes to 1 hour depending on previous experience which can be done over a 6 month duration. You gain 1 CPD hours (Continuing Professional Development) upon successful completion of the course.
This course is aimed at any staff working in an aged care facility required to undertake incontinence training.