Diversity and Inclusion is part of the SCOUTS New Zealand eLearning series. The module explores culture and culturally safe behaviour, LGBTQIA+ awareness, accessibility awareness and inclusive language.
This eLearning module has been created for all leaders and volunteers involved in Keas, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Have an understanding of their own culture and how this can impact on how they relate to others.
- Have an understanding of how SCOUTS New Zealand support LGBTTIQ+.
- Have an understand of disability and how to enable participation of all Scouts.
- Understand the impact and importance of inclusive language.
The course includes the following
- Culture and culturally safe behaviour
- LGBTQIA+ awareness
- Accessibility awareness
- Inclusive language
· Interactive learning using animation
· Formative learning
30 minutes depending on previous experience over a 6 month duration.
This online interactive course is specifically designed for all of those working within SCOUTS New Zealand.